Sunday, 16 January 2011

Benta's round 7

After having badgered Kate for the January instructions, I have only just got round to tackling round 7 for my three Robins: and I kind of ignored the instructions anyway - sorry Kate, please don't banish me from the group!!

The black and white piece level 7 addition didn't work at the top or the bottom of the piece, so I have changed it from a squarish finished top to a rectangular one, adding the new block to the left.  However looking at the photo, I am thinking maybe it would be better on the right, keeping the darker sections in the middle

The pink version uses up more orphan blocks (so the size has total disregard for the suggested 5 inches wide) and adds (at the top in this photo) the big liberated star, and the skinny inset together with a bit of extra pinkness to bulk it out.  I think I might prefer it on the bottom, enclosing the darker pink piano keys, but that puts the two stars close together, so I'm not sure, ... any suggestions are welcomed
For the blue Robin I made three log cabin blocks, and these are pretty much the right size.  However I think they need to be moved too, from the right side to the left, distributing the cream sections more evenly.  It's strange that it is easier to see this in the photo than looking at the flimsy itself!
Looking forward to seeing everyone elses, and what month 8 brings!



  1. That was fun to see 3 very different versions of the robin!

  2. Busy girl!

    They are all lovely, but (as you asked) if the middle (pink) one was mine, I'd probably put the top section on with the star on the right and the skinny inserts on the left.....just to keep the eye moving from side to side. As you say, always much easier to see these things on a photo - but always so many choices to make, and none of them necessarily right or wrong!