Monday 1 November 2010

Round 5!

Yep, it's a new month (sorry about that...)

This month, you will be adding two pieces to your quilt top - although they have the effect of making up a single piece, the fact that they are two separate units means that you should treat them as such stylistically, rather than just jamming them together into one big piece, if you see what I mean. So, add two pieces, 4"x6" and 4"x7" (finished sizes) to the top of your quilt. Which you place to the left and which to the right is up to you. And of course, as usual, if you prefer to add these to the bottom rather than the top, that's ok as well.




Here's my virtual quilt - I have added a coffee cup block with a brown rectangle (the 4x7 piece) and another framed railfence block (the 4x6" piece) to the top of the virtual quilt.

Here's the overall view of the quilt, so you can see what we're talking about in terms of placement (though the border is only for reference; our instructions will not include a border). The top of the built piece has now reached the top of the planned space (though of course, for some of you, it may not, if you've been adding to the bottom instead of the top, etc).



I haven't made my actual pieces for this month yet, but as soon as I get them done, I'll post them here... Hopefully before too long!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes! I haven't added last month's pieces yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is getting very exciting now. I wish I'd done two! I know, there's still time to do another ;)

    ReplyDelete