Sunday, 3 October 2010

Another Robin: Kate

At the start of this project, I was toying with the idea of doing two robins in parallel but was so busy the idea kinda never went anywhere. However, this afternoon, after I finished off something else I was working on, I had a little more sewing time and decided to go ahead and start a second robin. I wanted to do something very different from the black and batik one, so I chose to work with my Japanese taupe fabrics. I started with a 6" variable star, and went on to:

a large rose, unpieced, for the second round, followed by:

A piano key type piece, separated from the other blocks by a one inch strip for the third round. For the current, fourth round, I decided to do another unpieced piece, again a larger rose, this time with a green background:

It's a lot straighter than it looks in this photo!

1 comment:

  1. I'm loving this one. I've been looking at an orphan block and thinking of making it a second sahrobin... I'll do stage 4 of the original first though :-)